NAMI Tyler Executive Director Search
NAMI Tyler is searching for an Executive Director with previous nonprofit management experience. The position is half time for the first year in anticipation with success; it will develop into a full-time Executive Director position. The work of the organization focuses primarily on the families of loved ones with a mental illness. We are looking for a strong leader who has a heart for families in crisis and can take a leadership role.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Purpose of the Executive Director
This position is responsible for NAMI Tyler’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. The Executive Director has overall responsibility to ensure that program objectives are clearly stated and that program activities are focused on achievement of the stated goals including but not limited to the responsibilities of supervision program personnel. The Executive Director implements the policy directives created by the Board of Directors and assume the overall leadership role in guiding all administrative, fiscal, community outreach goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead NAMI Tyler in a manner that supports and guides the mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicate effectively, accurately, and timely and provide information properly for the Board to make informed decisions.
- Work with the Board to develop policies, procedures, guidelines and priorities.
- Serve as chief administrator to the Board and as staff resource to committees.
- Ensure the organization’s financial resources are properly managed financial position is reported to the Board.
Mission and Operations:
- Plan and develop an organizational infrastructure that will support anticipated growth.
- Give vision and leadership to the strategies and day-to-day operations of NAMI Tyler.
- Increase the awareness of NAMI Tyler’s image in the community by involvement in events.
- Manage flexible working hours to meet the demands of the position.
- Work closely with professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Implement NAMI Tyler’s programs that carry out its mission.
- Increase, strengthen, and diversify funding sources.
- Increase the visibility and influence with legislators, governmental executives, and other constituents as well as the general public.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for NAMI Tyler with the executive leadership of partner non-profits, NAMI and other NAMI affiliates, the faith community, advocacy colleagues, and the media.
- Develop collegial, fiscal, and partnership relations with other non-profits and corporate sponsors.
- Communicate and lead in a positive manner within the organization and with the public.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with social media
- Proficiency with budgeting software (Quickbooks preferred)
Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably in business administration, public relations or social work)
Five years of experience in nonprofit management.
- Lifting 25 pounds
$23,000 – 26,000 (4 hrs./day)
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND RESUME BY NOVEMBER 20 TO:
Arms, Shilling and Pye Bldg.
200 E Amherst
Tyler, Texas 75701
NAMI Tyler Website