NAMI Family Support Group
NAMI Family Support Group is a peer-led support group for any adult with a loved one who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition. Gain insight from the challenges and successes of others facing similar experiences.
NAMI’s support groups are unique because they follow a structured model, ensuring everyone has an opportunity to be heard and to get what they need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Designed for adult loved ones of people with mental health conditions
- Led by family members of people with mental health conditions
- 60-90 minutes long and meets weekly, every other week or monthly (varies by location)
- No specific medical therapy or treatment is endorsed
What You’ll Gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe setting, you can gain hope and develop supportive relationships. This group allows your voice to be heard and provides an opportunity for your personal needs to be met. It encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit from other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and empower yourself by sharing your own experiences in a non-judgmental space.
NAMI Family Support Group will help you:
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Understand that mental health conditions are no one’s fault and can be traumatic experiences
NAMI Tyler is now offering an online Family Support Group on Zoom
- Zoom is a platform which is compatible with video calls
- You will need to download the Zoom software to your device
- Connect with your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop
- Registration is required to participate in support groups
- Group size is limited
Connect With Us Online
2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm to 8 pm
4th Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm to 8 pm
Please fill out the Online Family Support Group registration form and we will get back with you as soon as we can.