The fundamentals of caring for you and your child with emotional difficulties of concern, such as anxieties, sleeplessness, depression, anger issues, eating disorders, and so forth.
NAMI BASICS is a free education program for parents and other caregivers of children/adolescents living with mental illness. NAMI drew on course elements which have been extensively tested and found to be highly effective.
These elements include:
* Recognition of mental illness as a continuing traumatic event for the child and the family
* Sensitivity to the subjective emotional issues faced by family caregivers and well children in the family
* Recognition of the need to help reduce the day-to-day objective burdens of care and management
* Gaining confidence and stamina for what can be a lifelong role of family understanding and support
* Empowerment of caregivers as active advocates for their children
The NAMI BASICS education program includes the following components:
* Six 2 1/2 hour classes of instructional material, discussions and interactive exercises
* A section of the NAMI website dedicated to disseminating information, including informational videos and resources for the program
* In addition to the core six classes, additional topic modules will be available for independent presentations
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR :
Monday morning 6 week Course beginning
October 15, 2018 – November 19, 2018
Time : 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location : First Presbyterian Church
230 W Rusk St, Tyler, TX 75701
Sessions are free, but registration is required.
Call 903-245-4231 for more information