Jan 13, 2021
By Aliyya Swaby
The Texas Tribune
Over the last year, Texas children have experienced higher rates of clinical depression, anxiety and suicidal ideation as the pandemic leaves them socially isolated, scared and uncertain about the future.
Some already grappled with mental health challenges. Others experienced them for the first time.
Pediatric psychiatric hospitals, such as Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, report admitting more young people after suicide attempts this fall than ever before.more » Read More
- She answered honestly about mental health. Then the state revoked her driver’s license.
- NAMI Seeks Participants For Survey On Lived Experience Of Borderline Personality Disorder
- The Many Impacts of Self-Stigma
- East Texas health professionals concerned about mental health effects from pandemic
- Many People May Stick With Virtual Mental Health Care