Aug 28, 2020
By Octavio N. Martinez Jr.
All too often fear is what tips the balance between a life that sees the light of another day and one that ends violently. The fear stems from opposing forces — the individual suffering from severe mental illness who may be experiencing psychosis and police who are too often not prepared to handle a mental health crisis. When it comes to mental health and policing,more » Read More
- Pandemic’s Emotional Hammer Hits Hard
- How Early Intervention Impacted My Life
- U.S. Senate Passes The Commander John Scott Hannon Veterans Mental Health Improvement Act
- Texas program’s new response to mental health-related 911 calls changing ‘how people look at policing’
- Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas focuses on mental health when girls need it most